1. As a rule of thumb, the belt must match your shoes.
2. Your belt buckle shall always match your accessories in your ensemble.
3. You should never wear both a belt and suspenders.
4. Your belt should be the same material as your shoes (if you wear a brown suede, pair with brown suede belt).
5. Alway's buy a belt one size larger than your pant size.
1. For men, a wider belt should be worn with jeans, if you opt to wear a belt at all.
2. Your belt, depending on the color of the denim, should be slightly lighter in color.
3. With jeans the belt can either be leather (regular leather, suede, nubuck, or pebble grain -- all of which look great with denim, tweed and wool), grossgrain, silk or cotton.