February 14, 2009

Essential | Cole Haan Suede Oxford Loafer

Some say that the classics should be left alone and untouched.  While I may agree with that in some instances, I don't tend to agree with that in this particular case.  As you can see in the picture above, at first glance you may think your staring at the Bass Exeter (shoe I grew up wearing).  However, I hate to disappoint, the shoe is actually Cole Haan's version of the classic Bass shoe, called the Desmond.  Cole Haan, a company owned by Nike has outfitted their version with NIKE AIR® technology and revamped the shoe, giving a more pointed toe and brogue'ish look, ultimately dressing up the shoe.  What they've kept is the milkshake suede leather, red sole, and the lace up vamp.  I happen to think these look phenomenal and would pair up amazingly with a blue summer suit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...